Wednesday, May 30, 2012

House hunting

So we are trying to find a house before the baby comes, hell, we'd like to be moved in by july 1. We had thought we had a house that was 4 bd with fenced yard for 700 a month, but the lady rented it because she was told we did not want it by someone else, really?! Did you thin k to ask if we wanted it? ASK US! The longer it takes to find a nother house we can agree on the angrier I get. Justin seems to think that we can afford up to 1000 a month, which we REALLY CANT. So I try to find homes big enough with lower rents, but they are not "nice enough". Ok, we need a home, it is in a good neighborhood, and its clean, yes, its old and not as nice as the one you want that costs alot more. The point is that its within a safe budget and will work for our family. Would I prefer that it was newr? Yes. Would I prefer a fenced yard, hell yes. However I know how to compromise and to be fiscally responsable. Renting a house that is BARELY inside your budget and would give you no cushion at all should things go to hell is not a good idea.

I hope you are begining to see my frustration here, and to understand why I get madder as the days go by house hunting. My even bigger frustration is the house he is set on having also require a $925 safety deposit, from a company that is well known for not returning deposits when you move out. so why they hell would we put ourselves in that situation? So I am looking into other houses while he sleeps, and insisting that he look at the inside of the house he does not like, because if the inside is nice I'm going to remind him we can always repaint the outside. Ugg. I'm having a just shoout me now morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment