Friday, June 22, 2012

Baby Names

So I have decided that the number one divorce causer among young couples having cvhildren has got to be naming their baby. Its the hardest thing I've ever done. With my son I made a list of names I liked, my ex looked it over said I like William, but not for a first name, I said, hey, me too, so that became his middle name. Then he said he liked Samuel and Blake. So we sent out a poll to our closest friends, and one day he was talking to my belly and said "hello little Sammy...or Blake" and he thus became Sam, which is awesome because my dad's nickname was Sam as a kid and that just totally sealed the deal.
Now as I am expecting my second child, That I swore I already ha a fricken name picke for last december, it is the biggest point ofstress in my life. Moving in like 24 hrs because of ass hole landlords I can handle, dealing with being hugely preggo and unemploye, totally doable (did that with sam) but trying to calmly decide on a name in cooperation witht he father of my child is going to drive me insane, or put me into pre term labor. Our fight last night (that I admit is my hormonal fault right there) ends with a snotty text from him telling me to name the baby whatever I want. Yeah right, sounds easy enough, but will it actually happen that way? Uh, NO. so now I play the waiting game. I wait to see when he brings it up and just try to find names we both might like until then. So any names that do not start with "V" and cannot be easily made fun of would be much appriciated...

No comments:

Post a Comment